Liberating Structures are a collection of 33+ powerful activities that can be used wherever you facilitate: classrooms, meetings, planning sessions, team days, workshops, presentations, etc. They are seriously fun, purpose-driven methods to unleash and include everyone to work together toward productive endpoints. Whether you just want your meetings to be a bit more lively and inclusive, or you want to help change the world, consider adding Liberating Structures to your facilitation repertoire!
BCcampus Connection to Liberating Structures
BCcampus and Liberating Structures share important values; we both work hard to bring together diverse groups to share information and shape the next steps. We are both deeply committed to supporting access to education and sharing our work openly. We also like how Liberating Structures are rooted in Positive Deviance and Complexity Science.
We have found a lot of value in bringing Liberating Structures to our facilitation practice and our organizational teamwork, so we are pleased to support the adoption and use of Liberating Structures for teaching, learning, and leading in B.C. post-secondary in a variety of ways:
- Immersion workshops (public): For years we have offered two-day Liberating Structures workshops that are open to all and cover many (but not all!) the structures. These are held in Vancouver, B.C., and are geared to a general audience interested in facilitating learning, conversations, teams, processes, projects, and change. If you are in Victoria, we also partner with Royal Roads University to offer workshops on its beautiful campus.
- Custom workshops (held at your institution): We are happy to partner with colleagues — especially in post-secondary education — to offer one- or two-day workshops for faculty, educators, leaders, students, and staff in your campus community. If you’re interested in discussing options, get in touch with email@example.com.
- Online micro-course: We offer an introduction to Liberating Structures micro-course through our FLO series. This is normally offered in the spring.
- User groups: We work with other Liberating Structures practitioners to co-lead user groups in Vancouver and Victoria.
- Contact Leva Lee about the Vancouver Liberating Structures User Group.
- Contact Tracy Roberts about the Vancouver Island Liberating Structures User Group.
- Individual support: Want to talk through an idea for applying Liberating Structures? Need a bit of help shaping an invitation? We are happy to chat for a few minutes by phone or online. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.