Liberating Structures are a collection of 33+ powerful activities that can be used wherever you facilitate: classrooms, meetings, planning sessions, team days, workshops, presentations, etc. They are seriously fun, purpose-driven methods to unleash and include everyone to work together toward productive endpoints. Whether you just want your meetings to be a bit more lively and inclusive, or you want to help change the world, consider adding Liberating Structures to your facilitation repertoire!
BCcampus connection to Liberating Structures
BCcampus and Liberating Structures share important values; we both work hard to bring together diverse groups to share information and shape the next steps. We are both deeply committed to supporting access to education, and sharing our work openly. We also like how Liberating Structures are rooted in Positive Deviance and Complexity Science.
We have found a lot of value in bringing Liberating Structure to our facilitation practice and to our organizational/teamwork. And so, we are pleased to support the adoption and use of Liberating Structures for teaching, learning, and leading in B.C. post-secondary in a variety of ways:
- Immersion workshops (public). At least once a year, we offer a 2-day Liberating Structures workshop that is open to all and covers many (but not all!) of the structures. Usually held in Vancouver, B.C., and geared to a general audience interested in facilitating learning, conversations, teams, processes, projects, and change. If you are in Victoria, we partner each year with Royal Roads University to offer a workshop in April on their beautiful campus.
- Custom workshops (held at your institution). We are happy to partner with colleagues – especially in post-secondary education – to offer one or two-day workshops for faculty, educators, leaders, students and staff in your campus community. If you are interested in discussing options, get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- User Groups – we work with other LS practitioners to co-lead user groups in Vancouver and Victoria, BC
- Individual support – want to talk through an idea for applying Liberating Structures? Need a bit of help shaping an invitation? We are happy to chat for a few minutes by phone or online. Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for an upcoming Liberating Structures Workshop to discover how you can bring these effective strategies to the sessions you lead.
- October 24, 2019 – Pre-Conference Liberating Structures Workshop in Terrace, B.C.
- November 7-8, 2019 – Liberating Structures