To promote B.C. post-secondary educators and students who are committed to exploring and improving student learning and who are eager to conduct and share their research.
The BCcampus Research Fellows for 2020–2021 are:
- Caylee Raber, Emily Carr University of Art + Design: Creating impact through community-based co-design projects within curriculum
- Elle Ting, Vancouver Community College: The pivot to online, on the front lines: measuring the real impact of alternative assessment in remote learning
- Leanne Kelly and Christina Chakanyuka, University of Victoria: File of uncertainties: identifying themes and issues that act as barriers and supports when incorporating decolonizing and anti-racist knowledge into nursing practice with Indigenous clients
- Meghan Costello, University of Northern British Columbia: Effectively moving away from traditional proctored exams in first-year physics courses
- Rob-Roy Douglas, Northern Lights College: Gripping the paddle with both hands: embedding Indigenous learning approaches into online education
- Theresa Southam, Selkirk College along with the College of the Rockies: Pivoting to inclusion: Designing ancillary OER in a collaborative cross-institutional environment
Learn more about these projects.
The program is designed to achieve the following results:
- To support educators and students conducting small-scale research on teaching and learning
- To support the development and dissemination of evidence-based teaching practices in B.C. post-secondary education that focus on student success and learning
- To help educators and students participate in scholarly work through conference attendance, research support, and dissemination of their work
Current areas of focus:
- Online learning and teaching, with a special interest in projects about “pivoting” online, adopting alternative assessment and exam strategies (e.g., moving away from online or face-to-face proctored exams), and experiential learning online (e.g., how to do hands-on or lab work online)
- Open educational practices, including implementing open assignments and activities and the impact of open educational practices on teaching and learning and post-secondary education
- Indigenization and decolonization in B.C. post-secondary teaching and learning
- Trades education in B.C. post-secondary teaching and learning
- Educational technology in B.C. post-secondary teaching and learning
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion in B.C. post-secondary teaching and learning
If you have questions about the fellows, please contact Leva Lee at llee [at] bccampus [dot] ca.