Join us for our first BCcampus HyFlex multisite event!
Along with Royal Roads University (RRU) and the College of New Caledonia (CNC), BCcampus is bringing you a one-day event where you can hear about the successes, challenges, and opportunities for HyFlex programming in B.C. while simultaneously experiencing a HyFlex event. Participants can choose to attend in person or take it all in virtually.
The evolution of online facilitation during the pandemic has presented different virtual modalities that consider universal design elements and multiple learning preferences. In reflecting on these pedagogical considerations, BCcampus would like to:
- Connect those interested in learning technology, program development, and facilitation.
- Discuss the experiences, possibilities, and implications of HyFlex in our sector.
- Model what HyFlex looks like in practice.
HyFlex in Action will consider the human element of HyFlex, highlight some of the logistical factors that need to be weighed within the design of a HyFlex learning environment, and combine participants’ reflections and insights on HyFlex to formulate some considerations to incorporate for future HyFlex events.
Before you hit the registration button:
1) Please carefully consider your availability for the full day when you choose to register to attend in person.
- There is a cap of 80 seats at RRU and 35 at CNC.
- The event will follow the COVID-19 protocols and requirements at each site.
2) Please note there is a non-refundable registration fee of $50 for this event.
- On-site: This fee includes coffee/tea, a catered lunch, and a participant package.
- Virtual: This fee includes a lunch gift card and a mailed participant package if you register before January 14, 2022.
More details about the program will be released shortly. We look forward to seeing you there!
Registration coming soon!
- The in-person portion of the HyFlex in Action event will follow all provincial, local, and institutional guidelines and recommendations for indoor events. We will update you with the latest information as the event date nears.
- One of the goals of BCcampus is to embrace inclusivity – inviting everyone affiliated with post-secondary education in British Columbia to learn, share, participate, and connect with us and each other. We’ve taken substantial steps to ensure everyone, whether from Canada or around the world, feels welcome and valued for their commitment and contributions to improving teaching and learning. Learn more.
- Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, we will not be offering childcare at this time.