*Note: This session has passed. Please view the resources and recordings below.
Along with Royal Roads University (RRU), the College of New Caledonia (CNC), and the University of the Fraser Valley (UFV), BCcampus brings you a one-day event where you can hear about the successes, challenges, and opportunities for HyFlex programming in B.C.
The evolution of online facilitation during the pandemic has presented different virtual modalities that consider universal design elements and multiple learning preferences. In reflecting on these pedagogical considerations, BCcampus would like to:
- Connect those interested in learning technology, program development, and facilitation.
- Discuss the experiences, possibilities, and implications of HyFlex in our sector.
- Model what HyFlex looks like in practice.
HyFlex in Action considers the human element of HyFlex, highlights some of the logistical factors that need to be weighed within the design of a HyFlex learning environment, and combines participants’ reflections and insights on HyFlex to formulate some considerations to incorporate for future HyFlex events.
One of the goals of BCcampus is to embrace inclusivity – inviting everyone affiliated with post-secondary education in British Columbia to learn, share, participate, and connect with us and each other. We’ve taken substantial steps to ensure everyone, whether from Canada or around the world, feels welcome and valued for their commitment and contributions to improving teaching and learning. Learn more.
- Radio Show (transcript).pdf
- Session Welcome & Opening Remarks (transcript).pdf
- Session 1: Logistics & Technology in HyFlex (RRU) (slides).pdf
- Session 1: Logistics & Technology in HyFlex (RRU) (transcript).pdf
- Session 2: Considerations for HyFlex (CNC) (slides).pdf
- Session 2: Considerations for HyFlex (CNC) (transcript).pdf
- Session 3: Human Elements of HyFlex (UFV) (Padlet).pdf
- Session 3: Human Elements of HyFlex (UFV) (transcript).pdf
- Session 4: HyFlex Principles & Mentimeter Activity (slides).pdf
- Final Principles & Closing Remarks (transcript).pdf
- HyFlex ReAction Event: Principles.pdf